Friday, April 17, 2009

Destiny

I was busy working when a co-worker asked me if I do believe in destiny. I said that yes, at some point I could feel that there are things that are beyond our control just like for example the place your were born or your parents. If there was no thing such as destiny we should be given the oppurtunity to choose our nationality or our relatives but these are things which we can't control. So I guess, it must be destiny then. But I told her that aside from that mostly the reason why you are where you are right now is because of the decision that you've made in the past. The reason why you are reading this little boring blog of mine because you have decided to clicked the link for example. We shape our future in some case I believe that there is a little part where destiny is involved.

I am having these thoughts today while thinking if I would enroll myself this coming semester. Working and studying at the same time is really very hard for me. There are those sleepless hours and I can't compromise my performance at work or else I have nothing to eat and can't go to school either. But on the hand I would waste the entire semester just to relax. That isn't right. According to investors the best investment is education. Invest in your self for that is something that can't be taken away from you. I am just confused right now. I sometimes sleep in jeepneys when I go to school just to take a nap for about 15 minutes or more depends on the traffic. I sometimes want to surrender and my body is very tired already but at the end of the day when I lay on bed I have no regrets of the decisions that I have made. My friends said that I am very thin already that is why I am considering of not enrolling this semester then just continue after. I am still thinking though and weighing things, a time lost is never regained.

4 comments :

  1. i dont believe in predestination. eventhough i did use the word on some of my post. you have the control to everything you do, really. its just pure coincidence you're here and typing this right now (atheist pov(

    we all get the same 24 hours a day. what matters is how you use it.

    i think you should study muna. A lot of doors would open kung tapos ka na, compared sa hindi pa. The reason why I read your blog iz becozzzzz i likeeyy yer writing and i find your life quite interesting :P

    i hope you'll get through this chapter. *HUGSIES*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these words of Marx from the Eighteenth Brumaire:

    "Man makes his own history, but he does not make it out of the whole cloth; he does not make it out of conditions chosen by himself, but out of such as he finds close at hand. The tradition of all past generations weighs like an alp upon the brain of the living."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which should come first, health or education? Finishing your school doesn't time up. So, take some time to chillax, and get going when you're in your best shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its all about time management and setting priorities...

    Make things happen if both shool and work are your priorities...

    I was able to manage my masters program and work at the same time... and I aced them both..

    However,time came, I had to work on my promotion and it required more of my time, somehow became my 1st priority. so I gave up school for the mean time...

    just my thought..

    thanks for following..

    ReplyDelete