I reviewed my goals for 2012 and accomplished only about 50% of it.
This year I've been planning to be more productive and stick to my goals. Most life coach would agree that you need to share your goals with someone and so I am sharing my goals for 2013.
1. Increase stock investments - I have been investing into stock market for quite sometime now and I enjoyed its ups and downs LOL. I am not really fond of expensive things but I consider buying stocks as shopping. Our country has a very low financial literacy and most of us wonder why most Filipinos are poor.
2. Join a charity group - I have three charity group in mind that I would like to help. I can't help financially at this time and I would like to help them in other ways. Here are my choices, please help me choose one:
- a. Home for the Golden Gays - I don't know if they accept volunteers or they're just into cash donations. If someone knows how to be a volunteer please do send me an email. I am available mostly during Saturdays.
- b. PAWS - I love pets! However there are some media reports in the past that made me think twice of joining them. I love their cause of caring for those abandoned and abused pets however they had been very vocal and active about some people who are eating dogs. I am honestly not against eating dogs though I don't think that I would eat dogs. It is just not clear to me why we allow some people to eat fish, cow, pigs and other animals yet why condemned people who ate dogs? If you are a purely vegetarian I would understand your sentiments about dog consumption however if you are a meat love who are you to judge which animals are to be consumed and which ones are not? I believe that other animals feel the same pain when they are slaughtered.
- c. Cultural Center of the Philippines - There's a post on their website that they are accepting volunteers and I think I would get a nice exposure to the Filipino talents and learn more about our culture, chos!
3. Attend a Zen seminar. I don't want to be part of any religion. I tried having a relationship with God when I was still young and it didn't work out. When I watched the movie Avatar I then realized that the God that I've been looking for is just like Eywa. A God that doesn't take sides but only protects the balance of things. When I read the Bible, I've read about God and its chosen People, to me its racism. I've never been the favorite child when I was young and I don't want to be either, I just want me and my brother to be loved equally by my mother which I now understand is impossible. I hope by attending in one of its seminars would help me :"focus" on things that matters in my life.
4. Read more books. By the way who has a copy of Jamie Whyte's Crimes Against Logic? Even if its just an ebook please do send me a copy, Here's my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
.... to be continued